Reverend Thomas McSweeney was the founding pastor of Berkeley's Cathedral of St. Francis de Sale. The Cathedral, built in 1893, was located on Grove street between 21st and Hobart. The sugar pine organ pipes used in this desk (or bar back or shop display or wine cellar storage or kitchen sideboard) were are from the original pipe organ commissioned by Rev. McSweeney. after one hundred years, St Francis de Sale was demolished due to irreparable damage from the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989.